Sunday, March 13, 2016

A cure for what ails ya!

Hello friends! It's been a while and I do apologize for the unintended hiatus, but two things happened. One was my modem decided to pack it in after 5 years or so of faithful service, so I was left without connection to the ether for a few days. Actually, it took longer than that to discover that the root of the problem was actually the modem itself and then another couple of days to work with my service provider to get me a new modem and then go through the motions of setting up my network all over again.

And all this while the second thing was happening -- I was under the grip of the horrendous bug that has been plaguing Ontario lately. Some call it the flu. Some call it a cold. I just call it miserable! So, between the two, I have had next to no patience with technology and have been less than inspired to post anything over the past couple of weeks. Please forgive me. I am definitely on the mend and I hope to be back posting with regularity very soon.

It's no wonder so many of us have been sick lately. We have gone from this:


to this:


in a matter of a few short days!

To alleviate the symptoms of this ugly bug (dry hacking cough, sore throat, runny nose, sneezing, extreme fatigue), I have been dosing myself with an old tried-and-true family cure: a hot rum toddy!

There are probably as many recipes for hot rum toddys (toddies??) as there are families to make them, but here is mine.

The ultimate, though, has to be this. Although the recipe was passed to me too late for this latest affliction (it needs 6 weeks to brew -- just imagine!), I will definitely be concocting some to have on hand for the next barrage.

No comments:

Post a Comment